What is Innova Health Quinoa?
There are three main varieties of Quinoa available, white or sweet, red, and black. Quinoa has a lovely fluffy consistency, with a slight nutty flavour.
- Heart-healthy monounsaturated fat (oleic acid), and omega-3 fatty acid (a-linolenic acid)
- Antioxidant phytonutrients called flavonoids
- Essential minerals including manganese, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, calcium, zinc, copper, selenium
- Vitamins: B1, B2, B3, B6, B9,B12, E,
- Soluble and insoluble fibre.
- It reduces the risk of heart disease and stroke. Several health studies have linked diets rich in Quinoa with a reduced risk of developing future cardiovascular conditions—such as heart disease and stroke. This fibre rich food literally combs the walls of the arteries, removing plaque from the arterial walls, which can eventually build-up and cause a heart attack or stroke.
- Contains lysine, which is mainly essential for tissue growth and repair.
- Is rich in magnesium consequently reduces occurrence of migraines, Quinoa is high in riboflavin, or vitamin B2, which promotes blood vessel expansion in the brain and reduces instances of migraine headaches. Other benefits include detoxification, energy production, and the formation of healthy bones and teeth.
- A good resource of riboflavin — riboflavin helps decrease the frequency attacks in migraine sufferers by boosting the energy metabolism within the muscle cells and brain.
- Contains a high content of manganese. Manganese is an antioxidant, which helps to prevent damage of mitochondria during energy production as well as to protect red blood cells and other cells from harm by free radicals.
- It’s gluten-free. Millions of people are realising they feel healthier and lose weight when they decrease gluten grains or wheat products.
- It is a complex carbohydrate with little glycaemic index. This is again good for weight administration.
- Supports Weight Loss and Maintenance of Weight. The high content of fibre and protein in Quinoa keeps you feeling full longer, and can help control your appetite.
200g raw Quinoa,
2 tablespoons of cold pressed olive oil or flaxseed oil
1 lemon juice
½ cup chopped parsley,
2 large tomatoes diced,
1 diced cucumber,
3 green shallots thinly sliced,
a pinch of sea salt.
Advice to serve with some grilled fish.